 Robotics / 3378
  Mindstorms Novice

I just got the RIS and finished the tutorials on the CD. I started looking at the challenges and soon realized I could use some help. Is there someone here willing to help a novice gain proficiency with the RIS? I was hoping some sort of (...) (26 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms Novice

It was suggested to me that posing my questions on the newsgroup might be better than using e-mail. So here it goes :) So far, I have tried the first two pathfinder challenges - the "Outback Tracker" and the "Light Tracker." I have also tried to (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms Novice

(...) Ah-ha! This looks like a job for... (insert fanfare here) Leo's infamous "adder/subtractor", tentatively being called the "differtrans". Of course, you'll need another differential unit -- the RIS only comes with one. Spare parts set 5229 has (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms Novice

Mark, Thanks for the tips and links. I'll build an add/sub this week and try out another walker. -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (...) (26 years ago, 8-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)