 Robotics / 3346
Re: Talking robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:53:49 GMT

Hi Joel,

the legOS sound driver is what you'd like to play with, I guess.
Currently, it offers 1 bit / 8kHz playback, which sounds just horrible.
There's also a perl script to convert wav files to this format.

I tried the standard PC speaker PCM technique, but it seems the RCX
speaker is a piezo - it'll just generate higher overtones. If you arrive
at anything, I'd be happy to hear from you.

Ciao, Markus.

--
Markus L. Noga noga@inrialpes.fr
Check out legOS! http://www.multimania.com/legos/