 Robotics / 3345
Re: NQC Barcode program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:36:09 GMT

The following is a program someone made on the mindstorms page. There is an
error on line 13 but I can't figure it out. I'm not all that experienced so
it may be something simple I don't know. Any way, have a look:

That someone would be me. There's no error -- you just have to use the
right language. :)

Anyway, this is not Lego RIS code (or whatever they call it), and it's not
NQC code. It's Perl. Sadly, the Lego site only allows you to upload one
program for each bot. My barcode reader requires two programs -- one
written in NQC that runs on the RCX and gathers the light sensor samples,
and one written in Perl that runs on a pc and decodes the datalog that was
created by the NQC program. I considered zipping the two files and
uploading that, but since the NQC program is terribly simple, I thought
I'd just upload the Perl decoder program. I didn't realize until after I
did so, that the f'ing thing _renames_ your file to something_random.prg.

--
Alex Howansky
Wankwood Associates