 Robotics / 3142
Re: mouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:58:46 GMT

On Sun, 24 Jan 1999 12:37:31 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Ben
Laurie) wrote:

You have a wheel with spokes and two sensors close to each other
(relative to the spoke distance) - if the sensors go A pause B long
pause A pause B then you are going one way, and if they go A long pause
B pause A long pause B then you are going the other.

Hmm, this is odd... the mouse I'm using to write this, has the holes
quite equidistant. However, it does have two pairs of sensors/wheel.
It's a genius Mousetoo, BTW, which I rather like and so never stopped
using :) Ohmygod.. I just realized... I completely overlooked this,
for like years: You measure the the spokes and the holes, both... Doh!

In the Logitech Wheel mouse, the spokes and spaces are a lot closer
together, and almost the same size - but not quite.

If you go _really_ fast with a mouse, you may fool it into thinking it
is going the other way, I've found (a long time ago, so technology may
have moved on :-)

Prolly, it's a lot better in the logitech wheel mouse compared to even
the Genius Mousetoo, which is pretty good for its day already, but
that was five years ago :)

Jasper