 Robotics / 3039
  Any interest in an RCX simulator?

I have been considering working on an RCX simulator for use with NQC programs. I'd be willing to develop the core simulator itself if others were willing to do the user interface work. I'll make sure the simulator is as portable as NQC currently is (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

(...) By this I take it you mean something that executes bytecodes the same way the standard firmware does? That would be pretty cool, I think folks could learn a lot by stepping through their NQC programs. Another really useful tool would be the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

(...) Does this mean that GDB has an H8 emulator? How would I get a hold of this? --Jim (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

(...) Yeah, but it is incredibly boring. NQC is how I keep my brain from rotting away. Dave (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

(...) It's in the standard gdb distribution, Matt Cross posted instructions on how to use it a long time ago, here's a copy: Hi disassemblers, I've found something very useful - gdb has a built-in simulator for the h8/300! While it's not useful for (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

I'd be interested in one. I might have some time to help with a Win32 GUI. I forget, what is your development tool/language of choice? Matt medinfo@aros.net (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Any interest in an RCX simulator?

What about Tcl/Tk for the GUI? There's already Tcl code which sends data to the RCX, and then it would run on Windoze and Unix. It would mean that PC users would have to download Tcl/Tk, but it isn't too complex :) Richard (...) Remove everything (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)