 Robotics / 3035
Re: Dacta in Canada?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:18:32 GMT

Follow this thread back to the reference for Spectrum Canada. They sell to
individuals as well as schools. (At least they sold to me last week and are
shipping the merchandise to my home.)

rob

Mark Tarrabain writes:
Steve Bliss wrote:

I don't know about this catalog, but DACTA has traditionally had a *ton*
of sets, when you look at their entire range from DUPLO,
BASIC/FreeStyle, Early Technology (probably not the official name),
Technic-level science kits, robotics sets (now replaced by a simpler
RoboLab/Mindstorms lineup), tables, and bins, and educator supplements.

We digress from the original question. (which is so often the case. Threads seem
to take on a life of their own here, don't they? :)  To re-iterate, how can a
person in Canada who is not afilliated with an educational facility get a
LEGO/Dacta catalog for which Canadian orders would be accepted?  Dacta has quite
a few universal Technic sets which LEGO does not appear to carry themselves,
which is my primary interest in this matter.  The sets I have seen, however, are
directly from Pitsco-LEGO/Dacta, and since they don't deal directly with Canada,
I am wanting to know how to find out what we can get *north* of the 49th
parallel.

Mark