 Robotics / 2927
Re: Light outputs on RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:24:40 GMT

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Bible, Bryan wrote:

Has anyone ran lights from the RCX outputs? I need something brighter than
an LED, any ideas?

I took apart a laser pointer.  I put the laser module into a mutilated
brick.  I added a diode, an LM-317, appropriate resistors and a .1uF
capacitor to make a 3 volt power supply.  The diode makes it so the laser
is on for motor forward, off for reverse.  Thus if I make another, they
can share a port.

I haven't had a chance to use it much yet.

--
paulh@hamjudo.com  http://www.hamjudo.com
The April 97 WebSight magazine describes me as "(presumably) normal".