 Robotics / 2899
Re: Fron End Loader Instructions or examples
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 19:42:42 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:09:46 -0600, you wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone had the 8459 Front-End Loader. I want to see
the construction concept of the turning mechanism.

I checked the instruction archives and it doesn't contain this one. What may
even be better help, does anyone know of a vehicle that turned like this in
the past that the instructions may be there?

Hello Clay,

I have the kit built, but don't have a camera to easily illustrate
Lego's solution for you.

In words, I can say that it has two swivel points above and below a
universal joint that links the front and rear drive trains.  The
important thing is getting the middle of the universal at the centre
of the swivel axis.  They mount the very large gear to the front
section centred at the swivel axis, with a small gear on a shaft in
the rear half.  The flashing light above the cab is on the top of this
axle to control steering.

A picture or two would be worth a few dozen of these words...  :-)

<ICS>