 Robotics / 2835
  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) Another way to do it might be ( - I have not built this, but been thinking about it for a while, as I want to use it with a (manual, and possibly later also motor-driven) car transmission of the common sliding-axle type - ) to use rubber (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) The use of a spring loaded system using rubber bands or such would be a good idea for two position systems. But I can't think how to do it for transmissions like my current two that four positions. I think I'm going to try a motor with a worm (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX 2.0 -- ideas.

(...) Hmm, just been thinking about this. You could have a shaft that was free to move back and forth along it axis. On the end of this you would have a series of N spokes. Each spoke ends with a free to move wheel (the axis of the wheel is arranged (...) (25 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)