 Robotics / 2749
Re: important! Has anyone talked to RCX from iMac USB???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:03:55 GMT

I don't know if this helps, but from other threads on this list, I've heard
that apparently Mac serial ports have problems communicating with the IR
tower becuase they don't carry the DTR or DCR lines, which the regular
software checks for to see whether or not the IR tower is connected.
Therefore, If you're running the regular software (under VirtualPC or
something) it supposedly won't work.

Now, if you were to use a USB to PC type serial port adapter, maybe that
would solve the problem. Or, if you were to use some other software, like
NQC, or maybe the Dacta Robolab software, perhaps it would work?

-Aaron

Ben Erwin wrote in message ...
Has anyone been successful (with any sort of software) communicating to the • IR
tower and RCX from the USB port of the iMac?  We are encountering problems • even
with the USB->serial adapter, and we need some advice.

(Dave?)

Please contact me directly as I read my email more often than I visit this
newsgroup: berwin@tufts.edu

thanks!!!

-Ben