 Robotics / 27340
Re: rcx + power functions ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:25:07 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Daniel Carvalho wrote:
hello,

The new Lego Power Functions system use infrared remote control.

Has anyone tried to use a RCX to control it? It would be very nice to use the
RCX to comunicate with several power functions IR receivers!

daniel
http://ledanigo.no.sapo.pt

Daniel,

This is an excellent question, and one I would love to see addressed. A long
while ago, John Barnes, and many, many other  people worked on and posted to
lugnet about how they figured out how to control the Mannas with an RCX.

Rob Doucettenet has a PDF here:

http://www.doucettenet.com/lego/manas.pdf

Im not equipped or well versed in the PF or the workings of IR protocols to
say YES or NO. My "gut" feeling is that it can be done without needing to
resort to an NXT. Many of us still have a few RCX lieing around  and would
love to be able to add snipettes of code to our arsenal.

Please post if you find something.  If you search lugnet with these words you
might find more info:  "rcx control manas"

Regards
Chris