 Robotics / 27324
    Cleaning Battery Terminals —Mark Riley
   I haven't posted here in a while, my RCXs having been on a hiatus. Well, after breaking them out again, I discovered that I had foolishly left alkaline batteries in some of them and of course some of the batteries had started to leak. This caused (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals —David Koudys
     In lugnet.robotics, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) That's good news! I'm going to try this soon on some of my 4.5/9 volt battery boxes. As far as I can see, the vinegar won't harm the plastic yet should do a good number on the corroded contacts. (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals —Mark Riley
     (...) I just finished a second RCX and while the terminals aren't as shiny as the previous RCX, the RCX fired right up after I reassembled it. The crud on this latest RCX's terminals was bluish green so I suspect the outer silver layer got eaten (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals —David Koudys
     In lugnet.robotics, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) Ooooh... wireless remotes! Nice! Throw it at me and I'll test it when ready :) Dave K (16 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Cleaning Battery Terminals —Chris Shepherd
    "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JuE4tI.t5@lugnet.com... (...) Your post could not have come at a better time. I found one of my RCX battery boxes full of corrosion the other day. White Vinegar and water does the trick. I (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics)