 Robotics / 2732
    Fw: Jump Frog Jump! —Tom Rowton
   Actually, the landing _is_ trivial, as frogs often 'miff' the landing. I can almost guarantee you won't land right all the time, probably not even 85%. The trick will be to have a contingency mechanism to 'recover' from a botched landing, returning (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Fw: Jump Frog Jump! —Peter Hesketh
     In article <003601be3f2c$efa6a7...onet.com>, Tom Rowton <trowton@broadcast.com> writes (...) Frogs have the advantage that their component parts are held together by sinews, muscles and skin, as opposed to friction. (25 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Fw: Jump Frog Jump! —JR Conlin
   (...) Miffing the landing is putting it mildly. Frogs generally don't even try to catch themselves when they are landing. They kick, Spread their limbs and belly flop. You could create a structure that could absorb this type of impact, but I'm (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)