 Robotics / 27248
    Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat —Mr S
    Not that I've tried it (of course) but it seems that if were to use the treads with small paddles attached, it would push the splashing part to the rear, give skid steering, and sill provide good propulsion, similar to the corkscrew idea. Chain (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat —Brian Davis
   (...) It's a good thought - in fact, my first attempt was to use the front treaded "flippers" on LNE/Packbot so that Packbot could drive onto a "floatation frame", and either power or deploy its own "water tread" propulsion. That idea fell afoul of (...) (17 years ago, 17-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics)