 Robotics / 27248
Re: Serenity, an autonomous NXT-based boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:46:23 GMT

Not that I've tried it (of course) but it seems that if were to use the treads
with small paddles
attached, it would push the splashing part to the rear, give skid steering, and
sill provide good
propulsion, similar to the corkscrew idea. Chain drive from motor to the tread
drive sprocket
would give some good adaption (maybe) as you could gear up the RCX motors this
way. The
treads being only 1.25 inches wide or so would make for easy splash shielding??

Just a thought

built like a tracked vehicle (motors forward) with snap together treads on the
outside of the hull(s)