 Robotics / 27130
Re: Ultimate ROBOLAB for PICs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 12:56:33 GMT

"Claude Baumann" <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote in message
news:JIvFwD.5C3@lugnet.com...
We added a special programming environment for a series of PICs to the
Ultimate
ROBOLAB site www.ultimaterobolab.com. To distinguish it from RCX-Ultimate
Robolab, we called it PICLab. This is a powerful tool for PIC programming.
The
result is .asm and .hex files. The software also supports a programmer
device
that you will find soon on Laurent Kneip's homepage www.laurentkneip.de.

I started this PIC environment before RCX-Ultimate and called it MPASM,
but
Laurent rewrote everything from scratch and brought it to the level it has
now.
We already designed a long list of more or less complex devices with PIC
microcontrollers among which several RCX / NXT sensors. Programs are easy
write, easy to read and to debug, although there is no special debugging
tool.
We generally use the serial communication to follow special registers or
variables.

PICLab runs on ROBOLAB version >= 2.5.4 or LabVIEW version >= 7.0

Enjoy.

Exciting stuff!  A friend and I have been using the PICKit2 recently for a
range of chips including 12f's and 16f's.  So far my personal favorite has
been the 16f688 and we'll be releasing some cool stuff for people to play
with very soon based on this architecture.  We've been programming entirely
in C and converting that over to asm and hex.   I'm interested to see what
PICLab has to offer.

-Rob