 Robotics / 27124
27123  |  27125
Subject:
Ultimate ROBOLAB for PICs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 20:36:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

We added a special programming environment for a series of PICs to the Ultimate
ROBOLAB site www.ultimaterobolab.com. To distinguish it from RCX-Ultimate
Robolab, we called it PICLab. This is a powerful tool for PIC programming. The
result is .asm and .hex files. The software also supports a programmer device
that you will find soon on Laurent Kneip's homepage www.laurentkneip.de.

I started this PIC environment before RCX-Ultimate and called it MPASM, but
Laurent rewrote everything from scratch and brought it to the level it has now.
We already designed a long list of more or less complex devices with PIC
microcontrollers among which several RCX / NXT sensors. Programs are easy to
write, easy to read and to debug, although there is no special debugging tool.
We generally use the serial communication to follow special registers or
variables.

PICLab runs on ROBOLAB version >= 2.5.4 or LabVIEW version >= 7.0

Enjoy.