 Robotics / 26778
Re: Controling NXT with Bluetooth Device(such as mouse, etc)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2007 03:08:32 GMT

Is it possible to control an NXT with Bluetooth device(such as mouse)
directly?

I watched a video clip from youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9T8mhLtp0k

And I want my NXT to do that :-)

I read 'Bluetooth Developer Pack'(or whatever it is)

and it says NXT requires to receive certain type of signal( like 0X88).

Bluetooth mouse will send different type of signal, but I think NXT can
recive these signal as

'Messages', which makes it possible to control an NXT with Bluetooth
device(such as mouse) directly.

Or shoud I need computer to receive the signal from mouse and change into
NXT-receivable signal and send again?

This is not an easy thing to do.

While the mouse may support bluetooth, the signals are not the same as what
the NXT is expecting.  The mouse sends Human Interface Device (HID) signals,
while the NXT expects Serial Port Protocal (SPP).

Simply put, they don't speak the same language.

Steve