 Robotics / 26752
Re: GBC- Magnetic Ball Separator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:31:53 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Peter Ehrlich wrote:

You may be able to kick the motor entirely.

I thought of this immediately, specificly adapting the light sensor / train
magent trick to try to get the dragon's egg to register. Alas, I've not gotten
it to work (*yet*...), as the ball is not actually magnetic, but just has a
piece of metal in it. At a spacing of about 1 tile, I get some motion, but not
always reliably. I still think it might work, but it's not as "simple" as I
first thought.

Again, very nice mechanism, Kevin.

--
Brian Davis