 Robotics / 26684
  straight line differential drive code

Does anyone have some RCX code to make a simple differential drive (2 independent motor/wheel combinations) with 2 rotation sensors drive straight. I'm sure it's been done many, many times before and I don't want to reinvent the wheel here. NQC or (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: straight line differential drive code

(...) Just one rotation sensor. The differential gives you the difference (hence the name) of the two sides. If it's zero, you're driving straight. A positive rotation means you are turning one way, and negative is the other. It's not pseudocode, (...) (18 years ago, 31-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: straight line differential drive code

(...) I built a project to do just what you want. In a tracked vehicle I have each track driven by a separate motor and each also drives one side of a 'differential' but in opposite directions. If both motors run exactly the same speed the sum is (...) (18 years ago, 2-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics)