 Robotics / 26674
  and the sine & cosine functions for the NXT

now we have a complete integer trig-function package. Challenge : who is going to draw the first sine and cosine waves on the NXT display? Please report any bugs. www.convict.lu/Jeune...sIntro.htm Claude (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: and the sine & cosine functions for the NXT

(...) Well, I've already done that, as well as a nifty display meter, and some other stuff that depends on trig functions... but I did it all in NXT-G, without the toolbox: (URL) looking forward to trying your custom stuff, however, as my NXT-G trig (...) (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: and the sine & cosine functions for the NXT

(...) I'm doing a project using trig, but I was going for computer control. I may be able to use this though. Steve (18 years ago, 22-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: and the sine & cosine functions for the NXT

Maybe a cheap sollution, but if I have to draw a sine or cosine I wouldn't calculated. Well, I will calculate it once and put it in a table. Then draw the sine & cosine from the calculated coordinates from the table. Really fast. And, euh, nobody (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: and the sine & cosine functions for the NXT

(...) As explained on our pages, I am using CORDIC algorithm. This assures best accuracy and converges much more rapidly than Taylor. There is one trade-off though, because there is no bit shifting operation in the toolkit, I must do division (...) (18 years ago, 23-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)