 Robotics / 26630
Re: Locked motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:55:18 GMT

I can't believe I didn't find the description on your site. It was the
first place I looked!!
Since no easy repair appears to be possible I've contacted the seller
who has graciously accepted to take the motor back and give me a refund.
Thanks to everybody for your replies.

linmix

Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Merlin Hansen <merlin.hansen@sasktel.net> wrote:

linmix wrote:

I've just received a 2nd hand lego motor (peeron #71427), and to my
surprise and (... well let's leave it at that) it's jammed.

I remember seeing a website that showed the internals and possibly a way
to solve this (except for complaining to the person I bought it from).
Can anyone help me with a link (or other good advice) to see if anything
can be done.

After doing some Googling...

http://www.philohome.com/motors/motor.htm
shows the internals of the 43362 motor and some of the 71427.

Hi all,

Unfortunately, there are very little chance that you may repair your 71427. Most
of the motors I have seen with locked shaft have their permanent magnet (made
from sintered magnetic powder) partially turned back into powder. That's
hopeless.

That said, since opening a 71427 is easier than for 43362, you can give it a
try...

Good luck!

Philo
www.philohome.com