 Robotics / 26628
Re: Locked motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 06:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, linmix <linmix@gmail.com> wrote:
I've just received a 2nd hand lego motor (peeron #71427), and to my
surprise and (... well let's leave it at that) it's jammed.

Concerning the motors...  a while back I discovered that I had a number of the
71427 style motors that had been removed from ZNAP sets and never used (nor
tested). Someone expressed an interest in buying them, so I got out the train
power source and checked each one for forward, reverse and coast-to-stop. The
result for 7 motors tested was: 4 looked good, 2 would not coast and exhibited a
gear noise when running, 1 was totally frozen. So just more than 50% from that
sample came out as "good" motors (not so good because they were NEW). I sold the
4 good ones to the original buyer, then sold off the other 2 later on (clearly
marked as to condition). The frozen one I still have here in a bag. Having seen
the pictures, I should pop it open someday and see if I can bring it back to
life.

Ray