 Robotics / 26613
  Re: monkey rail was marble rail

Awesome! I'm adding it to my Christmas list of things to build... linmix (...) (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

(...) Linmix, Thanks for the compliment! Let me know if you need any help along the way including deciphering the BrickOS code. I used separate RCX's one for the base one for the rail. Unfortunately I never figured out LNP. I'm happy with the code, (...) (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

Thanks for the offer. I hadn't thought about the programming yet. STil need to watch your videos to see how yours works. At the moment I'm trying to learn NQC. I thought the whole setup might be controlled with a single RCX (as appears to be the (...) (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

(...) Hello, It works like an interactive remote control. That way you can play with it and develop your skill. Vary few people have been able to walk the marble uphill on the first try. First RCX is for the base it has 2 motors and 3 rotation (...) (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

Hi, It occurs to me that if you use a pair of rotation sensors to manually control the structure the sensors that are embedded into the structure aren't really necessary ... or are they? What if you simply included a couple of clutches to protect (...) (18 years ago, 8-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

(...) Hi, Think of it like a robot arm. You can't get the precise control without the onboard sensors. It operates almost like an extension of your fingers. Also you wouldn't be able to program autonomous routines. It also enables self centering on (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: monkey rail

I see your point. Trouble is I don't have a 2nd RCX nor any real rotation sensors. Using the speed computers doesn't allow me to know if I'm rotating forwards or backwards. Still the device is impressive enough to give it a try. I'll just go with (...) (18 years ago, 9-Dec-06, to lugnet.robotics)