 Robotics / 26599
Re: Image processing with RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 08:52:49 GMT

manyak20055 wrote:

I wanna use a camera to understand path while robot is moving.

No...I don't think you do.

But i don't know how to do this? I think there is a camera in lego. But is
RCX enough to process these datas or i need to connect camera to computer?

The RCX has nowhere near enough memory to deal with images from cameras.

The Lego camera connects to your PC through a cable - so it's not
much use for mobile robots.  The PC could do image processing and
send the results off to the RCX - but the cable is a major problem here.

And are there anyone try this before? Is this possible, i mean image
processing with Java(lejos) and with only RCX proccessors.

The RAM limitations would kill you - even presuming you could find
a way to hook the camera up to the RCX...which you can't.

The RCX's CPU is kinda slow too - image processing would never really
be fast enough for most robotic applications.