 Robotics / 26418
  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I downloaded it completely and don't see any jerkiness, maybe that was due to streaming it as the bandwidth from Google was a bit low (< 100kB/s). (...) But then it may need to accept a lot of balls, if the other modules are quicker. I know (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) You're correct, I was streaming it from Google which was probably the issue. (...) It doesn't matter how much quicker than the standard a single module is - if it only gets 1 bps, then it can only pass them to the downstream module at 1 bps... (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I raised this issue in June when discussing GBC reliability, seeing that 1 bps implies a measured time interval. Of course, what is the interval?, I asked. The general consensus is that it is a 30 second time interval. As such, the worst you (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) LOL!! That may be an idea for next year. To come up with a mindstorms concept/competition that appeals to the other gender as well...maybe Bunnie or our significant others can come up with it! Dave (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)