 Robotics / 26413
  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) Now that is a nice solution, and not one I'd thought of. Not having the silver brick, I could still use a (non-LEGO! Aaah!) solution of a small pice of reflective tabe or something. Cool. (...) I know that there's one power transformer that is (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) I found a yellow LEGO rubber band on the TECHNIC table, so I took it home with me since most everyone was gone by that point. That's probably not a big deal, unlike an entire train regulator. :( (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) There are actually three ways to approach this: 1) Using something reflective on the far side of the ball chute - have the sensors light bounce back into the sensor - so the reading decreases when something gets in the way of the reflected (...) (18 years ago, 6-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006

(...) That's the method I used on my own ball counter. During testing, I fed it with (counted) hundreds of balls, it never missed (or over counted) one. During LW2005 it counted about 15000 balls a day during a week... some wear now but still (...) (18 years ago, 7-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)