 Robotics / 26370
Re: NXT->PC Communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:50:40 GMT

On 24/08/2006 at 3:53 AM, Tac Tacelosky/Smokefree DC <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
wrote:

I'm trying to figure out a way from a VB program to interact with the
NXT, via USB or BlueTooth.  I was hoping I could just open a serial COM
port after a BlueTooth connection was established, and just read the
message and parse it, but that doesn't seem to work.

I see that Microsoft now has a library for interacting (via the
Ghost.dll) with the Mindstorm RIS.   What I'm looking for is something
like this, but for NXT.

I've read the documentation for interfacing a program with BlueTooth or
USB, and both are very low-level documents, I'm hoping someone has
already wrapped these into a library.

The Driver SDK <http://mindstorms.lego.com/Overview/NXTreme.aspx> provides a C
interface as well as a C++ interface.  You could call this C interface from VB
to communicate with the NXT.

geoff