 Robotics / 26368
26367  |  26369
Subject:
NXT->PC Communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:53:51 GMT

I'm trying to figure out a way from a VB program to interact with the
NXT, via USB or BlueTooth.  I was hoping I could just open a serial COM
port after a BlueTooth connection was established, and just read the
message and parse it, but that doesn't seem to work.

I see that Microsoft now has a library for interacting (via the
Ghost.dll) with the Mindstorm RIS.   What I'm looking for is something
like this, but for NXT.

I've read the documentation for interfacing a program with BlueTooth or
USB, and both are very low-level documents, I'm hoping someone has
already wrapped these into a library.

In particular, I'm mostly looking to read sensor values, though
ultimately I'd like to read and control the NXT programmatically.

TIA,

Tac