 Robotics / 2621
    cool idea for all-around range sensor —Mark Williamson
   i've read all the messages on all-around bump sensing, and have an idea. I'm not actually a mindstorms owner, but have the MIT Handyboard and bought some Radioshack IR emitter/detector LED's which i'm making into sensors. I'm using the 1x2 legos to (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: cool idea for all-around range sensor —Jim Moran
   Have you devised some way for the output of each IR receiver to be bistable as opposed to analog ? In order to wire-or a bunch of them with resistors and get a unique, repeatable reading for each receiver being "active" would require two stable (...) (26 years ago, 10-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)