 Robotics / 25996
  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

(...) Sorry Brian, you are right! my ageing ear was not able to get the much weaker "ping" at first. My interpretation (to be confimed) is that the US sensor goes on working even if not configured, but some sensor modes don't provide the 9V supply (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

(...) I'm not sure yet; I admit to not being even remotely a "hardware guy", which is why I keep doing all this SW testing :-). (...) Another odd feature is that the ping frequency seems to change with both what you define the sensor as well as (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

(...) OK, and since I'm one of the few... I sent up a stationary NXT with an US sensor, and a "target" NXT with an US sensor as well, pointed directly at each other. Furthermore I had the "target" move back and forth to vary the range slightly. I (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

(...) OK, verification done, the voltage is correctly switched to 5V with the touch sensor. I probably programmed a wrong port# ! But clearly the 5V is enough to power the US transducers (probably with reduced range) Philo (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

(...) I can confirm that the 0x2, 0x41, 0x0 "off" command does, indeed, turn off the clicking sound that you can hear coming from the US sensor. I can also confirm that the 0x2, 0x40, 0xNN "set measurement interval" command does set the measurement (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Ultrasonic sensor interactions

Hello John, (...) I have played with this command, it seems that only the low nibble of paramater is useful. The interval range goes from 12.5ms for 0 to 3s for 0xf. Interval seems to be roughly proportional to the square of the parameter. I have (...) (18 years ago, 24-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)