 Robotics / 25907
  My NXT MOC

It's funny, the NXT thing has been so hyped for the past while I think I hear a drum roll in the bg... Anyway, enough of that. After the initial MPD swarm of emails and discussions, I decided that I could not focus on Bluetooth and all the other TOP (...) (18 years ago, 3-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

"Dave Astolfo" <dastolfo1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:Iyo1HI.1DqD@lugnet.com... More details here: (...) Great MOC! I really enjoyed seeing the various fittings for the studless beams. I was afraid that I could not build a machine, but I see (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) Thx. Yup, building studless takes a bit of getting used to, but I find it easy now (I find myself quickly forgetting some of the studded tricks I have done in the past..). I started building with studless a year or so ago - mixing studded with (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

"Dave Astolfo" <dastolfo1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:IywC2s.1o0F@lugnet.com... (...) Can you give new studless technic builders any hints or tips that might help them on their way? I'd also appreciate it if anyone has photos of this new (...) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) (URL) (18 years ago, 7-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) As for hints, here are some thoughts: -I found I had to break from the mindset of expecting to make connections that were either parallel or perpendicular to others. With this new approach, there are more options. - I think that the previous (...) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

"John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:Iyx488.1qHC@lugnet.com... (...) part ID? I can hardly wait until we get an official element list for the NXT. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) The part # is 55615 - not sure if it is official though... Anyone else? (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) I confirm, part# is written on the piece just below corner hole. Better be shortsighted or have a good magnifier... Philo (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) the only new piece in the NXT? (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) As construction part, yes. But there is also a new tyre, the 55976 Tyre 56 x 26 Balloon. Good sticky rubber, but a bit soft for heavy robots. There are also a few existing parts that were not common such as (URL) (18 years ago, 8-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My NXT MOC

(...) part??? Seems an awfully high price to pay for this little guy. ;) Dave Hurley www.greatballcontraption.com (18 years ago, 9-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)