 Robotics / 25875
  NXT interface

We've all seen screenshots of the Labview programming environment that ships with the NXT. I'm curious about the interface on the actual NXT (with the standard firmware). How does the menu system work? Obviously there are size limits to how much (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT interface

(...) You use the L/R arrow buttons to scroll an icon list along the bottom of the display, and when the proper menu icon is in the center, you hit the centeral orange button to select it, and drill down a menu. The smaller rectangular grey cancel (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT interface

(...) In my experience, non-trivial programs written in NXTGL will use at least 10kb. Using my BrickTool utility to list the files on my NXT you get this output: C:\winapps\projects\...>bricktool /BT /COM=COM4 /Target=7 -listfiles (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT interface

(...) Sounds great! Are you able to determine how much memory a program takes up while it's running? And how much memory is free? (...) Hmmm the purpose of these slots are one thing thats not immediately obvious (to my old brain anyway), can you (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT interface

(...) This is the on-screen programming system. It's pretty rudimentary, but it lets you build very simple programs with only your NXT (no computer needed). Slots 1 & 3 let you 'do' something, slots 2 & 4 essentially control how long that action (...) (18 years ago, 5-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT interface

(...) The memory used by a program while it is running is not the same memory used for storing the program (flash). There isn't any way that I know of at this point to find out how much memory a program uses while it is running or how much of (...) (18 years ago, 6-May-06, to lugnet.robotics)