 Robotics / 25828
Re: My First few NXT MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 16:55:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Jordan Bradford wrote:

   what is it??

Clearly, it is a Great Ball Contraption module!

It *will* fire soccer balls, but not nearly as well. The Zamor sphere launchers can be rather... powerful. Another member of the MDP (Jutta) first came up with the brainstorm to couple the NXT motor to the Zamor sphere launcher to make a “full-auto sphere launcher”. I loved the idea, but half the motor cycle was wasted... so I made a dual version with twice the fire rate and a magazine of about 50 balls. Here’s a video of one possible “use” of this technology - I would say there could be a Zamor attack on Moonbase here at my house any day now... WARNING: this is just an obnoxiously large video, don’t even *think* about trying it over dial-up. Yes, I should probably have been using eye protection during these events...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brdavis/NXT/attack.mov

-- Brian Davis