 Robotics / 25779
Re: Help with converting voltage on circuit board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 00:12:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dustin Jones wrote:
I'd like to try to convert the output of the voltage on a 9750 from 4V to 12V
(to control 12V trains :).

Dustin

Hi Dustin,
I am an EE. Before I give you some advice, I need a bit more information about
9750 (I have never seen one in person):
- I see a power jack: I assume this powers the electronic circuit, not the
loads, right? What voltage is applied to this power jack?
- I see a plug marked 4V on the ouside of the box. Is this the supply for the
loads?
- I see groups of three plugs: is each plug in a group an independant output or
are the three plugs wired in parallel?
- Can the polarity of the ouptus be changed or are they just on/off outputs?
- Could you let me know what the various markings on the chips and transistors
are (I can't quite read them)?
- Could you take a picture of the back of the PCB (so I can figure out the
circuit)?

Greetings,
David Wegmuller