 Robotics / 25741
    Toddler proof eyes —Thomas Chesney
   Does anyone have any plans for robot's eyes/ears/noses etc. that are sturdy enough to survive a toddler chasing after it? Thomas (19 years ago, 13-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Toddler proof eyes —Danny Staple
     (...) If you are talking about plain Lego (which rules out wrapping things up in a perspex case with rounded edges and deburred, bevelled holes for ears, and eyes set behind clear area), then my first recommendation is using studless techniques to (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Toddler proof eyes —Andrew Meyer
   (...) May I ask what the intended project is? I probably don't have any suggestions, but am curious as to the intended results of mixing toddlers and Mindstorms... Andrew Meyer (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Toddler proof eyes —Thomas Chesney
   (...) I have a Robot Pet that roves around, cries when it wants attention (petting via a button, although I haven't got the crying sound right at all), gets over excited when it gets too much attention, needs darkness when it wants to sleep and is (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-06, to lugnet.robotics)