 Robotics / 25593
25592  |  25594
Subject:
Official MDP Email Date Pool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:13:49 GMT

...ahhhhh (continuation from one of my last posts)...

So, I figure Friday.  You need to give people time to respond (3 days, mull it
over the weekend and Monday is a holiday) and then after they buy it they need
to sign the NDA (another day or so) and have the set shipped (1-2 days).  There
is also setting up an account on the MDP website as well as answering any
questions regarding the NDA and/or other topics.  So yeah, that's like
potentially up to a week.  I didn't factor in that some people after reading the
NDA or for personal reasons will pass up on the opportunity (I know, I know, but
these things do happen) causing this process to repeat itself at a later date.
Finally, an email has to go out once the 100 have been confirmed statingthe MDP
process has completed (boo!).  All the above is the assumption that LEGO wants
the MDP to hit the ground running by March 1st (as I think they should since
there isn't a lot of time).

Any other takers?

-aps

PS The email may have went out already and that explains the current slow
activity AND the lack of responses to this thread! :)!