 Robotics / 25592
25591  |  25593
Subject:
Opcodes for longer IR messages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:38:26 GMT

Im using leJOS to control several RCX's from a PC.

The leJOS Tower class supports the method Tower.send(byte[] b, int n) that
allows one to send packets of any size.

My problem is to receive these on the RCX side.

I currently use Serial.isPacketAvailable() to check for packets and
Serial.readPacket() to read the contents.

It works fine when I send using the opcode 0x05 which allows for messages of 6
bytes length. (1 opcode and 5 data), and with the 0xf7 opcode which allows for
"useless" 2 byte messages (1 opcode and 1 data).

Whenever I try to send longer packets with any of the opcodes it does not seem
that the RCX receives any of it.

Does anyone know how to construct a packets longer than these that will work
with the RCX?