 Robotics / 25523
Re: The NXT step for HiTechnic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 23:55:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Bryan Bonahoom wrote:
When I was out at the HT website looking at the NXT compass announcement, I went
ahead and bought one of the 433MHz remotes.  I was thinking that if every GBC
module had one of these remotes, then we could turn the GBC on and off with a
single button push...wasn't that on the wish list at BrickFest??  :)  Of course,
it begs the question, how much will HT charge for a remote receiver with no
transmitter?

Nice idea, but two questions:
How many GBC modules used an RCX? And how many of those RCXs had a free sensor
port?

Of course for next year's NXT-based GBC, with proper programming, a single
BlueTooth cell-phone could turn off the 10% of the modules that use an NXT all
at once (passing messages from one module to the next -- since BT doesn't
support a broadcast mode). And an extra NXT robot could be hovering over the
master power switch/circuit breaker, and turn it, and hence the other 90% of the
modules, off as well :-)

--
  David Schilling