 Robotics / 25517
25516  |  25518
Subject:
The NXT step for HiTechnic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 23:47:56 GMT

   Browsing around the HiTechnic site I noticed this update:

http://www.hitechnic.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d12.html

Nice! So the NXT digital interface is already showing some of its strengths it
seems. I was always surprised that John could even get 3 degrees of accuracy out
of that sensor, but with 1 degree resolution I'm really interested. I wonder how
well "semi-dead reckoning" with motor encoders as well as a compass for
corrections can be.
   The detail about the converter wire is also welcome news. But perhaps the
best part about this is how fast LEGO and the AFOLs are getting connected on
this. It looks like we may have (beta) 3rd-party sensors even before the product
release!

--
Brian Davis