 Robotics / 25521
Re: The NXT step for HiTechnic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:54:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:
   Browsing around the HiTechnic site I noticed this update:

http://www.hitechnic.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d12.html

Nice! So the NXT digital interface is already showing some of its strengths it
seems. I was always surprised that John could even get 3 degrees of accuracy out
of that sensor, but with 1 degree resolution I'm really interested. I wonder how
well "semi-dead reckoning" with motor encoders as well as a compass for
corrections can be.
   The detail about the converter wire is also welcome news. But perhaps the
best part about this is how fast LEGO and the AFOLs are getting connected on
this. It looks like we may have (beta) 3rd-party sensors even before the product
release!

I have seen the compass module work on the RCX.  Very cool!!

Having the conversion wires announced (which I hadn't noticed before) relieves
me.

When I was out at the HT website looking at the NXT compass announcement, I went
ahead and bought one of the 433MHz remotes.  I was thinking that if every GBC
module had one of these remotes, then we could turn the GBC on and off with a
single button push...wasn't that on the wish list at BrickFest??  :)  Of course,
it begs the question, how much will HT charge for a remote receiver with no
transmitter?

Bryan