 Robotics / 25497
  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

(...) Steve, do you think TLG would object to leJOS NeXT? Legally I it should be okay, since I don't think people can trademark a common word like 'Next'. I'm not sure if capitalization of letters matters with regards to trademarks though. Someone (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

(...) NeXT Software was the company, NeXTcube and NeXTstation were the two machines, and NeXTSTEP was the OS. After Apple acquired NeXT (it's more the other way around, actually), a lot of the NeXTSTEP features carried over into Mac OS X, such as (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

(...) Heh, just reread Steve's reply and I think the answer is already hidden in there. Didn't spot it the first time. (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

(...) Hi, First I am not a lawyer. However I believe Steve Jobs of Apple computers still own the name and trademark of 'NeXT'. They (Apple) are even have gone after websites with domain names using 'ipod' and 'NeXT'. Just give you an idea for (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

Hi, I think as a name XT sounds cool. That gives XTOS for an operating systems and my favourite XTC for a C like programming language (you have to say it out loud a few times). Seems to work OK with Java and Fourth. Thomas (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Using NXT in a name - legal?

(...) You could have XTJ for java and XTF for forth (although fortran also starts with f but somehow I doubt anyone is going to write a fortran compiler for the NXT :P ) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.robotics)