 Robotics / 25400
  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) (as you may have seen in the WIRED story) I can not possibility convey to you how much we wanted more motor ports. And we told them. Really. I mean, really, we did. We told them so often, I think we started to annoy them. Here's the problem. (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote: <snip> (...) Again, expect a huge hug from me when I see you :) This is possibly the best worded post as to why I love my chosen hobby and my personal appreciation of TLC. They might not always implement (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote: We don't always agree with their decisions, but you (...) You know, it would be interesting to see their Quality Standard mission statement document, if such a thing exists Steve. (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) Three words: "Don't make crap". At least that's how I would put it. (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) Dont forget sensor ports too though! I have been in many situations where more motor, or sensor ports or both would have been very handy. (...) Understood Steve - and real kudos to you for putting it so well. You know what would really go down (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) From the rec.toys.lego Frequently Asked Questions: The LEGO motto: Det bedste er ikke for godt. (Only the best is good enough.) Actually a word-by-word translation would be, "The best is not too good" - in which "not too good" parses nicely (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: new Mindstorms servos?

(...) How about: "The best is just a starting point." That seems to express the idea in English. (18 years ago, 21-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)