 Robotics / 25324
  Why Java for Robots

(...) I wouldn't use C. I'd use a language that has sub-range types and I'd _tell_ the compiler the range of the color sensor. Peter (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why Java for Robots

(...) Perhaps the best answer is to have the sensor tell you itself. You do this with "tagging memory" associated with each sensor and actuator. This is similar to IEEE1451, the smart sensor spec. We have developed and are using such a scheme on (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why Java for Robots

It's funny, I've seen the words "Java" and "Robots" in so many subject headings that my mind turned it into JAWAS and Robots, which is what Jawas do, gather up scrap robots in the desert and sell them at Mos Eisely.... :-) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why Java for Robots

(...) "Uncle Owen, that red one has a bad motivator!" (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Why Java for Robots

(...) How about recycling RCX into NXT? Bruce ------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ---...--- Real embedded Java and much more +1-801-534-1017 Salt Lake City, USA (18 years ago, 19-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)