 Robotics / 25278
RE: What I would do (2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:19:31 GMT

pisymbol wrote:

- developing a complete SDK for NXT
    - gcc/binutils/etc.

   The best ARM gcc compiler/binutils package is here:

     http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm

    - library API to access higher level NXT functionality
    - doc of course
    - website dedicated to NXT development when NXT goes live in • August

- coding drivers (bluetooth/USB whatever) for the NXT and interacting • with other
devices (like cellphones)

- developing documentation on how to program and use the NXT • controller (either
via an external tool or the LabView stuff)

- getting a RTOS up an running (whether that be uCOS-II or
Redboot/eCOS)

   All of the above will require many hours of hacking/reverse
engineering...  That will be really funny :)

- I thought about providing a real simulator environment as well for • people who
don't have an NXT using SkyEye or some other free ARM sim (there is • another one
that is partially free that is suppose to be excellent as well)

   I already knew about SkyEye.  What is that other partially
free one?

   Another software to look at is Qemu which is a dynamic
recompiler and so is very fast.

But I'm sorta bummed out by the fact that LEGO has gotten thousands of
applicants and only a 100 slots.  I just feel I have like zero chance. • I even
made the *mistake* of putting that I'm not part of any community, • technically at
the time I wasn't.

   Same here, but it's so good to dream about being chosen and
what we would do... and will do anyway, just some months later :)

Laurent

PS - Sorry for the signature below :/

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.