 Robotics / 25179
  Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages

(...) Steve, What you need to do is to make a dongle for your laptop PC with 8G DRAM, a 1 terabyte hard disk, that gives you an infinite number of LEGO NXT compatible motor ports and sensor ports. You will probably have to drill a few technic pin (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages

What would I like to implement that won't fit in 256K... check out this list of modules from Pyro: # PyroModuleDirectControl # PyroModuleSequencingControl # PyroModuleBehaviorBasedControl # PyroModuleReinforcementLearning # PyroModuleNeuralNetworks (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages

(...) You are right when you say the link is Bluetooth. With the RCX the link was IR signals. As long as there is some communication protocol (the more standard, the better) extremely complex logic can get into a robot's behavior. With the RCX I was (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages

(...) Hi Dan, Your desire to have cutting edge robotics computing technology at your fingertips is compelling and *very* understandable. The robotics challenges you want to overcome sound very interesting. Where you and I differ is expecting to be (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages

hi Kevin -- I think you missed my point. I accept NXT's limitations. What I'm saying is, we *can* do the sorts of things I outline, with the platform as given, if we get enough developers interested in contributing. I was going to post this anyway, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)