 Robotics / 25118
Re: Bluetooth Mouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:13:59 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Wed, January 11, 2006 12:44 pm, danny staple wrote:

connecting a mouse (or
trackball) as a sensor would be cool - especially an optical one.

Anyone have any idea what type of signal comes out of a Bluetooth optical mouse?  I
want to take the signals, and process them in my program (not use them like a normal
mouse).  But, first, I need to read the signal on my laptop, and see what's coming
from the mouse.

Anyone know where I can find this info?

Steve

I imagine the mouse outputs bluetooth packets that conform to the
bluetooth HID (Human Interface Device) profile. I'd google for that.
It's going to be some rather well formated data, and not a raw signal
from the mouse though.

My cell phone advertises this bluetooth profile, and my laptop allows me
to controll th e mouse or media player or slideshow using the cell
phone. It's pretty cool.

    -Kyle