 Robotics / 24684
Re: Vehicle with square wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2005 13:26:12 GMT

Philippe Hurbain wrote:
I think it's possible by taking two axles with a crown gear on the end
of each.  Then you can mesh the two gears at any angle you choose to
make (in effect) a long axle with the two '+' cross-sections of the ends
aligned at almost any angle.

I came to the same solution, but using the old half bush with teeth. It also
enables the 22.5° angle offset but is less bulky!

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Philo/Misc/offset22_5.gif>>

Cool!  That's certainly a more compact solution than mine if you have
old parts to hand.