 Robotics / 24679
  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I liked it too. (...) My first thought was also of a Lego solution. I also got stuck at the point where I'd have to have plates at 22.5 degree offsets - however, I think I have an elegant solution that I came up with on the drive home this (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I came to the same solution, but using the old half bush with teeth. It also enables the 22.5° angle offset but is less bulky! (URL) Philo (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Cool! That's certainly a more compact solution than mine if you have old parts to hand. (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I love it when LEGO's innate design works out perfectly for creating something strange like a 22.5° angle. Is is fate? Serendipity? Clever planning? All of these? (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

Hi, I am not sure about the crown gears - looking at them, the crowns teeth overhand a central bush which attaches to the axle. Putting them head to head would not work as this central axle honnetion would prevent the teeth from meshing. However - (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) The crown gear has another drawback: its 24 teeth allows 15° or 30° offsets, not 22.5°... Philo (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Yeah - you're right. :-( (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics)