 Robotics / 24392
24391  |  24393
Subject:
ROBOLAB Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:55:14 GMT

Why does ROBOLAB not turn the motors off after a "wait for..." direction? Almost
every program that I have written with ROBOLAB has had issues with motors not
turning off when they were supposed to. As an example: I have a program that
drives one motor forward until a rotation sensor gets to a certain value. Then,
that motor is supposed to turn off, and another motor is supposed to turn on
until a touch sensor is pressed. However, the first motor does not turn off.
Rather, it continues to turn while the other is doing its assigned task. Another
thing is that this doesn't always happen. Sometimes, ROBOLAB turns off the
motors exactly when it is supposed to. Anyone have ideas or a fix for this? I
mean, sure, I could put a "stop motors" command after every "wait for..."
command, but if I had to do that, I might as well go back to RCX Code! I can
email code samples if needed.

As a sidebar, where can I get version 2.5.4? I have 2.5.1, but that doesn't work
with ULTIMATE ROBOLAB. And, is there a way to convert RCX Code into ROBOLAB
*.vi's? I have hundreds of RCX Code programs, but I want to rid myself of RIS.

Andrew Meyer